Our kidneys are organs that perform many vital body functions such as getting rid of excess water as well as the toxins from the body. The toxin overload of the kidneys usually occurs when you are dehydrated and there is not enough urine to get rid of them.
Some habits such as smoking, eating in fast food chains and drinking alcohol can also damage both of your liver and kidneys leaving them timeworn.
In order to cleanse your kidney from the gathered toxins in your body all you need is a few Okras or also known as lady fingers. Usually, okras are used as a thickening agent in several soups due to its sticky texture.
This kind of vegetable is an excellent source of some important vitamins and minerals. It has the ability to soothe asthma symptoms, lessen the level of the cholesterol, make the immune system stronger, and cleanse the kidneys and also to avoid kidney damage.
Okra Water Recipe
- Cut each side of the okra using a knife.
- Put the okras in a large mason jar then pour out water on them.
- Soak the okras overnight for at least 8 hours or up to 24 hours.
- In the morning, squeeze the okra into the water and gather the leftover liquid.
- Throw the okras away and consume the water.
Health Benefits of Okra water:
- Preventing constipation
- Helps in decreasing the cholesterol level
- Lessening the risk of having cancer especially the colorectal cancer
- Boosting energy levels and preventing the symptoms of depression
- reating sore throat, irritable bowel, ulcers and lung inflammation