Conquer your sugar craving with this healthy Granola Bar recipe.
Granola merits its reputation as a healthy person’s cereal. It delivers really high in fibre and iron, while nuts and seeds in it provide heart-healthy unsaturated fats, omega-3 and some protein. In a nutshell this food item lowers cholesterol, aids in weight loss, regulates digestion, works against anemia, lowers blood pressure, increases cognitive abilities, improves skin health, stimulates new tissues and hormonal growth, and helps build stronger bones. The point is, with food so powerful, it’s a shame if you are only using it as a cereal in the morning while there’s so much more you can do with it.
Put it to good use and make something delicious out of it. We believe on days when you can’t control your sweet tooth, this recipe by Amit Dash, executive chef at Courtyard by Marriott, Gurgaon can act as the perfect alternative to binging. Try it out.
Weight- 1.5 kg
225g – Whole wheat flour
225g – Jaggery
225g – White oats
90g – Dry coconut powder
3g – Cinnamon powder
200g – Melted butter
150ml – Hot water
150ml – Honey
5g – Baking powder
100g – Apricot
200g – Almond
25g – Sesame seeds
100g – Raisin
25g – Multigrain seed
* Boil water in a deep vessel. Add honey and jaggery to it.
* In a roasting pan, roast oats, coconut powder, almond, sesame seeds and multigrain seeds.
* Combine all the above ingredients in the container with the jaggery and honey mixture. Mix well.
* In a shallow baking tray put silver foil evenly and pour the mixture in.
* Bake the bar at 180 degree Celsius for 25 to 30 mins.
* Let it cool down.
* Cut it into desired pieces and serve.