A schoolboy was left covered in blood after he was randomly attacked by a group of eight men wielding iron bars and hammers.
Harry Diamond was hit so hard that one of the hammer handles broke, according to his horrified mum Nicki Rogers.
The 16-year-old from Tunbridge Wells, was with pals when they were approached by a group of men in nearby Tonbridge on Sunday night.
Nicki said Harry’s mates ran away and left him to get attacked by up to eight men, but she has no idea why they singled-out her son.
She said: ‘Two years ago Harry was very ill in hospital with a rare illness which he is still battling everyday, having had a large tumour removed from his neck.
‘We just want Harry to get well and he is currently making a very speedy recovery. He is so strong and went back to school today to study for his GCSEs.
She added that the men who are believed to have carried out the attack were from Maidstone.
She said: ‘My son was hit six times in the head with the hammer, three times in the knee and repeatedly with the iron bar.
‘After all this, all my son was worried about was that he would miss his GCSEs today.’
A Kent Police spokesman said: ‘Kent Police was called at 6.56pm on Sunday 15 May, 2016 to reports of a disturbance involving a large group of people in Tonbridge Park.
‘Officers attended the scene but were unable to locate anyone reported to have been involved.
‘At 7.57pm on the same day it was reported that a teenage boy had been treated for injuries at a local hospital. The boy reported he had been assaulted in the park.’
Detective Chief Inspector Neill Parker (corr) said: ‘We are continuing to investigate whether or not these incidents may be linked.
‘Regardless, incidents of this nature are very rare in Tonbridge, but any violence on our streets will not be tolerated.
‘We are carrying out a number of enquiries including reviewing CCTV and if you have any information that can help us please get in touch.’
Anyone with information is urged to contact Kent Police.