You probably have at least one box of baking soda in your home right now. If you’re like many Americans, you might have a box in your pantry for baking, one in your refrigerator to absorb odors and another under your kitchen sink to use for cleaning.
Baking soda has a wide range of uses, and its popularity grows as scientists come up with new findings regarding its healing power.
But, did you know that you can use baking soda to improve your hair quality? Yes, it really works!Baking soda will clean your hair from any shampoo or conditioner remains, and your hair will have a healthy shine after just a couple of treatments.
Use some baking soda instead of your regular shampoo, and your hair will be more than grateful. This should not come as a surprise if you take into consideration all the benefits baking soda provides.
If you want your skin and hair care products completely natural, and you are a complete DIY person when it comes to your beauty routines, then you are probably always on a mission to find a safe product that will not harm your health or expose you to potentially harmful chemicals. We suggest that you try this treatment and enjoy the results.
You may find it hard to wash your hair without all the shampoo foam at first, but be patient and wait for the final results.
- Mix 1 part of baking soda and 3 parts of water in a small squeeze bottle. You can adjust the dosing depending on your hair length, for instance, in case of shoulder length hair, mix 2 to 3 tablespoons of baking soda and 3 times that amount of water.
- Apply the homemade baking soda shampoo to a dry or wet hair. Start at the roots and work to the ends. Leave the mixture for 1 – 3 minutes and rinse well.
- You may find it hard to wash your hair without all the shampoo foam at first, but be patient and wait for the final results. In order to remove any remains, use warm water.
- After you have washed your hair, apply a vinegar rinse.
- Combine 1 part of apple cider vinegar and 4 parts of water. To avoid the vinegar smell, add a few drops of lavender, peppermint, and/or rosemary essential oil to the vinegar mixture.
- It imay be better if you prepare this rinse ahead of time and keep the squeeze bottle in your bathroom.
- Then, tilt the head back and close your eyes, to avoid the possibility of getting some of the vinegar mixture into your eyes. Now, distribute the rinse through your hair.
- Your hair will be more than grateful!