Turmeric is a very popular spice with a characteristic color and unique flavor that also provides many health benefits. It has been used since ancient times by the Chinese medicine and Ayurveda to treat health issues such as cold, flu, pain and even chronic conditions such as cancer.
Turmeric is also a potent spice with strong anti-aging, antioxidant, and anti-inflammatory properties. Most of the health properties of this spice are due to its active ingredient curcumin. Curcumin has been the subject of newest studies and findings have confirmed its numerous antioxidant, antiseptic, and anti-inflammatory properties.
Moreover, turmeric is also rich in fiber, and important nutrients, like minerals, vitamins.
Furthermore, it is non-toxic and leads to no side-effects, so its use is completely safe. These are some of the most important health benefits of this spice:
- controls diabetes
- heals wounds
- relieves pain
- improves the health and appearance of the skin
- prevents Alzheimer’s disease
- promotes heart health
- prevents arthritis
- helps digestion
- liver detoxification
- prevents cancer
- prevents skin pigmentation and toning
- improves mood
In order to enjoy the health benefits of turmeric, you can include it in your daily diet, and you can also prepare some simple recipes. According to one woman who tried to solve her issue with dark circles around her eyes has tried all possible products on the market, and she states that none of them provided he desired effect. Yet, since she tried the turmeric paste, her dark circles disappeared even after the first 5 days. She applied the paste, left it to act for a while, and as soon as she washed it off, her face was incredibly rejuvenated, and those dark circles were significantly brightened.
For instance, in order to get rid of the dark circles around the eyes, you can make the following paste which is actually the best natural remedy for this issue.
- Mix ½ teaspoon of lemon juice, a pinch of turmeric, a pinch of flour, and a teaspoon of tomato juice. Then, apply this paste around the eyes and leave it to act for 10 minutes.
- You can also mix pineapple juice and some turmeric powder, and leave this mixture around the eyes, in order to brighten the skin.
- Furthermore, golden milk is an extremely healthy, ancient yogic cure, which has been used to treat various health conditions, including headaches, fever, colds, parasites, wrinkles, kidney infections, viral infections, bladder infections, muscle pain, diarrhea, bronchitis, and arthritis.
This is how to prepare this miraculous remedy:
- ½ teaspoon ground turmeric
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon of raw honey
- ½ teaspoon extra virgin coconut oil
- ¼ teaspoon freshly ground black pepper
Method of preparation:
Initially, heat the milk, and add the cinnamon. Next, add the honey, turmeric, pepper, and coconut oil. You should stir constantly until you heat the milk, but make sure you remove it from heat before it boils. Then, just strain it and your amazing golden milk is ready for consumption!