Once in a while, we have to help our body get rid of the toxins we are constantly exposed to through the food we eat and the environment in which we live. Our bodies absorb whatever we come in contact with and some of it can cause health problems over time.
But, did you know that coconut oil detox is one of the best all-natural ways to cleanse to remove the toxic waste from your body in no time? It is indeed an amazingly effective way to get rid of detrimental parasites, viruses, bacteria and fungal infections.
What makes coconut oil so potent is medium chain triglycerides, which boost and build up the immune system. It is also high in caprylic and lauric acid, both of which possess antifungal, antiviral and antimicrobial properties.
These compounds attack harmful bacteria but leave friendly bacteria alone, which leads to a balanced gut flora in the digestive system. Studies show coconut oil kills yeast and other fungal overgrowths in the body.
Other benefits of adding coconut oil into your daily diet
According to Dr. Fife’s book, Coconut Cures: Preventing and Treating Common Health Problems with Coconut, coconut oil provides the following benefits:
- Protects against bacterial, viral, fungal, and parasitic infections
- Balances intestinal flora
- Prevents and treats Crohn’s disease
- Prevents and treats degenerative brain diseases (Alzheimer’s, Parkinson’s, MS)
- Prevents cardiovascular disease (high blood pressure, heart attack, stroke)
- Prevents cancer
- Boosts HDL (good) cholesterol
- Boosts energy levels
- Boosts immune function
- Protects and restores joint function
- Loses excess body fat
- Improves thyroid function
- Improves skin tone and appearance
- Improves blood sugar control
- Improves brain health and mental clarity
- Improves digestive function
How to detox with coconut oil cleanse
First of all, you must use organic, raw extra virgin coconut oil to make sure you are getting the best possible benefits from coconut oil.
During the cleanse it is necessary to consume as much water as possible in order to help flush out the parasites.
Mix 2 tablespoons raw extra virgin coconut oil with warm water and drink every 2 hours for 3 to 7 days. Or you can eat the coconut oil directly off the spoon. The object is to consume 10-14 tablespoons of coconut oil each day.
Also, you can mix the oil with smoothies rather than with water or eat 4 ounces of fresh coconut meat per day. The flesh of the fruit provides a high dose of fiber and is probiotic.
During the detox, some people experience flu-like symptoms as the result of toxin withdrawal, which can last up to 5 days and be accompanied by a headache, joint stiffness, and dizziness.
Ensure you stay adequately hydrated during the cleanse, try the drink below:
- 1 cup pure organic lemon juice
- 6 cups filtered water
- 1 teaspoon pink Himalayan salt
Lemon juice is cleansing and sea salt will replenish lost minerals.