Statistics show that within the period between 1999 and 2003 there have been almost 30,000 instances of coronary heart attack and sudden cardiac death as a result of Vioxx usage.
A research in 2000 proved that these drugs are related to heart attack and strokes and cause elevated heart rate. Based on another research published in Lancet, NSAID medication usage can double the chance of heart attack and heart failure. Nevertheless, FDA, Merck and other pharmaceutical corporations, remained silent on the issue.
The explanation why folks use NSAID medication such as ibuprofen
These days, pain and inflammation are frequent health conditions, and the easiest way to stop and deal with these conditions is to change your everyday diet and lifestyle. To be able to maintain or restore proper health, we should always go for a healthy meals, regular exercise and lowered stress levels.
Sadly, many individuals, either because of lack of time, or lack of will, choose the simpler, but harmful, alternative, to instantly relieve pain. These over-the counter drugs, similar to ibuprofen, negative effect on individuals well being.
These unwanted effects of ibuprofen and medicines of that sort are related to quite a few adverse health effects. These include DNA damage, hypertension, anemia, miscarriage, elevated threat of heart attack and sudden cardiac death, influenza and hearing loss.
Furthermore, these negative effects may result from the use of any of the whole group of anti-inflammatory and non-steroidal drugs.
Analysis has discovered quite a few natural options to Ibuprofen, which provide even higher results on health, and no unwanted effects. These include:
- Holy Basil – The compounds of the Holy Basil possess anti-inflammatory properties similar to aspirin, ibuprofen, and naproxen (found in a study from 2000);
- Anthocyanin from Raspberries and Sweet Cherries – The power of this favorable ingredient is the same as that of naproxen and ibuprofen in suppressing inflammation-associated enzyme familiar as cyclooxygenase-1 and -2 (a research from 2001)
- Chinese Skullcap (baicalin) – Chinese Skullcap contains a substance often known as baicalin which is equally effective as ibuprofen in decreasing pain (animal research from 2003);
- John’s Wort – This helpful herb is twice stronger and more effective than ibuprofen an analgesic (an animal study from 2004);
- Omega-3 fatty acids – 1200-2400 mg of Omega- 3 fatty acids each day have the identical effect as ibuprofen for relieving arthritis pain, and with much less side effects (human study from 2006);
- Olive oil – This extremely healthy oil contains a substance referred to as Oleocanthal which has anti-inflammatory results just like those of ibuprofen;
- Topical Arnica – this can be very useful for hand osteoarthritis, and the risk of side effects is lots lower (research revealed in 2007);
- Panax Ginseng – Possesses anti-inflammatory and pain-relieving properties much like those in ibuprofen, which additionally indicates its potential anti-rheumatoid arthritis properties (an animal research from 2008);
- Ginger – For ache relief in menstrual cycles in women, ginger capsules (250 mg 4 times a day) are equally efficient as mefenamic acid and ibuprofen (research published in 2009);
- Combination of Vitamin C, Ginkgo biloba, and Astaxanthin – This potent mixture is the same as and even better than ibuprofen in lowering asthma-associated respiratory inflammation (animal research from 2011)