Everyone knows that drinking lemon water has its health benefits. As lemon is rich in vitamin C and has potent antioxidant properties that is good for combating free radicals, detoxifying your body and preventing premature aging.
However, not too many people know that if you combine turmeric powder to your lemon water you will only enhance its health benefits further.
Apart from acting as a natural health and energy boosting drink, the turmeric and lemon water combo will provide your body with very effective antioxidants, anti-inflammatory and antiseptic health benefits.
Turmeric is a spice that has been in existence for centuries and has in fact been and is still used as an Indian culinary spice and also for traditional healing practices and customs.
By mixing lemon water and turmeric you can cleanse your liver as well as increase bile production which helps in preventing indigestion and constipation.
In making this health drink you could include a pinch of cinnamon powder to enhance the drinks flavour and also to help regulate your blood sugar levels.
This drink has very potent anti-inflammation properties that makes it effective in combating pain caused by inflammation of joints, taking care of conditions such as gout and rheumatoid arthritis.
When you drink this health drink you will have a feeling of satiety and this is great if you have excess weight and you intend shedding the weight as you will eat less during the day and this will go a long way in helping you loss the excess weight.
Here are other benefits of this health drink
- The drinks strong anti-microbial properties will help to strengthen your immune system and stimulate digestion while preventing the occurrence of common colds and persistent cough.
- The drink will promote weight loss as earlier mentioned and it will also cleanse your body of harmful toxins.
- Your liver function will be enhanced.
- It will help your body to properly break down dietary fat as soon as it is consumed and it does this by increasing bile flow.
- It will help to regulate your blood sugar and this is great news for diabetic patients.
- It will get rid of chronic constipation, as well as boost your overall energy levels.
- This drink will stimulate the production of bile by your gallbladder thereby enhancing your body’s ability to properly digest food.
- It will help combat age-related degenerative brain disorders such as Alzheimer’s disease and dementia as a result of its very active anti-inflammatory properties.
Here’s the turmeric and lemon water combo recipe.
- Turmeric powder — 1/4 teaspoon
- Luke warm water, cow’s milk, warm soy or almond — 1 cup
- Freshly squeezed organic lemon juice — 1
- Pure natural honey — 1/8 teaspoon
Note: You can also add a pinch of cinnamon if you like.
- First, heat up some water then add your honey, turmeric and lemon juice.
- Make sure you stir it well prior to drinking as turmeric usually sinks to the bottom of the cup.
- Take this drink when it’s warm.
This is an extremely healthy drink and the best part is it is cost effective and the ingredients are easy to obtain as well.