New Delhi: A number of research has supported how walking can improve your health in the long run. Walking actually can give you much more than a trimmed waistline, it also improves your health and adds years to your lifespan.
Here are some health benefits that you’ll get from walking:
- Regular walking reduces your risk heart disease and stroke. Studies suggests that older adults who are physically active have a lower risk of coronary heart disease, stroke and death from cardiovascular disease.
- Regular walking lowers blood pressure, slashes the risk of type 2 diabetes, asthma and some cancers.
- Walking boosts your mood by releasing feel-good endorphins while reducing stress and anxiety.
- Regular brisk walking strengthens your bones and muscles. As people age, muscle strength declines, but studies show that exercise can keep them stronger and leaner. Walking also improves balance and reduces falls in the elderly.
- Walking is one of the easiest ways to lose weight, even without a diet. It is said that brisk walking of 30 minutes daily can help you burn about 150 more calories a day.
Walking is free, simple and it’s one of the easiest methods to stay healthy and fit. Just get started, even if it’s only a few minutes per day.