Our health exceedingly depends on the alkaline balance of our body, as the function of all immunologic, repair and enzymatic mechanisms is optimal in an alkaline state.
The human body has three ways of regulating blood pH. Initially, carbon dioxide is slightly acidic, so the alterations of the breathing rate control its levels. For example, when we exercise we produce lactic acid and carbon dioxide.
Lactic acid is acidic, and the exhalation of carbon dioxide excretes acids. The kidneys also can excrete excess acid during urination. Finally, the blood is filled with special chemical mixes known as buffers, which work by resisting any sudden changes in pH.
There are numerous chemical reactions required for life that can only occur within a very specific pH range, so the body has to keep pH within that range. An acidic pH level inside the human body is a common and likely contributing factor to all degenerative and autoimmune diseases.
An acidic environment has many adverse effects on cell metabolism, as it increases the production of free radicals, and affects the accumulation of edema and fluid, as well as our energy levels.
If the body’s environment is acidic for a longer period, it can lead to numerous health issues, including cancer, morning sickness, allergies, osteoporosis, obesity, diabetes, migraines, stroke, arthritis, cataracts, and gout.
Everything we consume affects our pH level, either positively, or negatively. Namely, plant-based foods such as vegetables and fruits are alkaline, while animal-based foods like dairy products and meat are acidic.
Therefore, we need to consume all these foods in order to maintain healthy pH levels, and eliminate or reduce all processed and fast foods, as they increase the acidity in our organism.
PH levels can be easily tested by using cheap pH strips that can be purchased in pharmacies, healthy food stores or online. Yet, according to health experts, it is better to test the urine to examine the total body pH.
In order to do so, you need to do the test immediately after you wake up. Even though the first results may be a bit more acidic, due to the elimination of acid during sleeping, the second reading is much more accurate. Then, you should check the results on the color chart, and you will get an accurate test result.
The most frequent disease of the modern era, which leads to death in the majority of cases, is cancer, and it thrives in an acidic environment of the body. Therefore, you need to know how to maintain the alkaline state of the body:
1. First thing in the morning, gently warm a glass of quality water. Then squeeze the juice from half of an organic lemon into the warmed water and mix in 1/2 teaspoon of baking soda for a refreshing, alkalizing drink.
2. Consume fresh juices with green fruits and vegetables. Add some wheat grass, barley grass, kelp, cayenne, chlorella and spirulina in your green smoothie and drink this every single day.
3. Avoid fast foods which include refined and processed products.
4. Order alkaline water online, purchase it from your health store or make it at your home.
5. Instead of using commercial and highly toxic cleaning agents that can increase the acidic level in your body, use natural ones like plant proteins and diluted apple cider vinegar or essential oils.
6. Avoid GMO plant and animal products as much as you can, and use only grass-fed organic animal products.
7. Always use natural conditioner, shampoo, facial cream, makeup, soap, and mouthwash. Avoid commercial products loaded with toxic chemicals and synthetic additives which are dangerous to your health.
Examples of alkaline-rich foods
Fruits with a high alkaline level
Vegetables with a high alkaline level
- Collard greens
- Mustard greens
- Winter squash
- Sweet potatoes/Yams
Nuts, seeds, herbs, and spices with a high alkaline level
- Sea salt
- Ginger root
- Pumpkin seeds
Beverages with a high alkaline level
- Mineral water
- Ginger tea