With a longstanding history of protecting motorcyclists and their rides, Dairyland is Obrella’s clear winner for best motorcycle insurance company. Celebrating its 50 year anniversary of providing top coverage, Dairyland motorcycle insurance has coverage options that can meet any drivers needs.
Coverage Options to Choose From
With Dairyland, you can choose from a number of additional coverage options that go beyond the minimums. For added protection, consider including the following:
- Excursion Diversion: Don’t be caught away from home without proper coverage with excursion diversion. If you take a road trip over 100 miles from your home and find yourself in an accident, this can help pay for expenses related to lodging, food, transportation, and more.
- Physical Damage Plus: Your bike only deserves the best. And with Dairyland’s Physical Damage Plus coverage, you know that only original replacement parts will be used if your bike needs to be repaired. While it costs a bit more to include on your policy, this unique feature of Dairyland motorcycle insurance will give you higher quality replacement parts, which gives you greater piece of mind in return.
- Optional/Special Equipment: Do you have added bells and whistles on your bike to make it unique to you? With this coverage option, any modifications you have done are insured if damaged or stolen.
- Guest Passenger: Frequently have a passenger along for the ride? Adding on guest passenger protection with Dairyland can provide bodily injury coverage for your loved ones.
Saving Made Easy
Cheap insurance isn’t always best, and with Dairyland Cycle, ® the prices reflect the superior coverage. To help customers, Dairyland allows riders to save with a handful of discounts. See if you can take advantage of these saving options:
- Rider Group Discount: Part of a riding club? You may be able to save by simply being involved with riders like you!
- H.O.G. Member: Harley Davidson owners across the country have joined the Harley Owners Group to gain insider access into rallies, new merchandise, and mileage recognition programs. If you’re in this group, you can save automatically with Dairyland. If you aren’t a member yet, we highly recommend it.
- Rider Safety Course: There is nothing more important than safety when on a bike, and Dairyland agrees. That is why it offers additional savings to riders who have voluntarily completed a safety course in the last five years. Visit the Motorcycle Safety Foundation for a list of courses near you if you’re due for a refresher.
A Resource for Motorcyclists Everywhere
Dairyland understands the passion that riders have for being on the open road. That is why it created “On the Road,” its source for all news and information related to motorcyclists. Looking for information into events such as the OTT Rally or Daytona Bike Week? Dairyland has you covered. What’s even more exciting–Dairyland has officially named Friday, July 8th as National Motorcycle Day. We don’t know about you, but we think a holiday dedicated to getting out on the open road was much needed.
Allstate offers more discounts specific to motorcycle owners than most companies we reviewed. See if you can save with the following:
- Multiple bike discount. If you have more than one motorcycle you want to include on a policy, you can save between 10-15% by insuring them both through Allstate.
- Responsible driver discount. Have you avoided major traffic violations and gone at least five years without crashing your motorcycle? You can save an additional 10% on your motorcycle insurance policy. In addition, if you have completed a safe driving program for motorcycles, Allstate wants to thank you doing your part in keeping the roads safer with a 5% savings option.
- Switch and save. Allstate is making it hard not to choose them as your provider. If you currently have a policy with another company and switch to Allstate, you could see savings up to 10%.
- Get involved. Are you a member of a motorcycle organization? If so, Allstate rewards you by helping you save 10% on your bodily injury and property damage liability coverage. These are the organizations that can make you eligible for this incentive:
- American Motorcycle Association
- BMW Motorcycle Owners of America
- Gold Wing Touring or Road Riders Association
- Harley Owners Group
- Honda Riders Club of America
- Motorcycle Safety Foundation
- Motorcycle Touring Association
Read more: Farmers Insurance Review
Providing customer support when its most needed can take a company from being mediocre to top notch. Here are customer resources we thought deserved a shoutout, and that helped solidify our decision of naming Allstate the silver medal winner.
Allstate Rider News covers all things associated with you and your ride. From road trip suggestions, to buying and selling of motorcycle parts, it’s the most comprehensive resource we have come across for riders to date.
The Rider Risk Map, a Facebook application, helps motorcyclists plan trips better, using a community of other riders. It allows you to flag risks, such a blind spots and dangerous intersections so that other riders are aware.
GoodRide, one of only a few apps designed by insurance companies specifically for their motorcycle customers. Track how many miles you’ve ridden, save routes you have enjoyed most, and keep a record of maintenance you’ve done–all in one place. Scoring a 3.7 out of 4 in Google’s app store, customer have had mixed reviews, something that is pretty common.
Other Features We Love
Here are four features our research show to help make Allstate a top choice:
- First Accident Forgiven. We hope you never have to use this, but if you do get in a motorcycle accident, your rates won’t be affected
- Rider Protection Packages. Keeping you and your passengers safe is a must. If the worst case scenario happens, and an accident results in the death of you or your rider, the Rider Protection Package can provide financial support.
- Replacement Options. Allstate’s New Motorcycle Replacement can help to replace your bike with a new one. Allstate also provides its Genuine Parts Guarantee. If your ride is damaged, but not totaled, this guarantee will fix your bike with original parts.
To learn more about it, and how you can save by bundling policies, see our review of Allstate’s auto insurance and home insurance coverages.
Read more: Farmers Insurance Building
If there was an award for the most popular, Progressive would be a clear favorite. In its 35 years providing riders with protection, Progressive has become the largest motorcycle insurance company in the country. Here is a quick run down of what you can expect, and features we love, with Progressive motorcycle insurance:
- Vintage Motorcycle Coverage. If you ride a classic hog that’s seen its share of highway roads, Progressive provides Agreed Value coverage. For bikes over 25 years, this can help you save if you need to repair or places your bike.
- Roadside assistance can come in handy if your road trip is cut short by a breakdown. Progressive will be there when you need them–from a flat tire to running out of gas.
- It’s low rates. For as little as $75 a year, you can save your money for the trips themselves.
Learn more about Progressive’s other coverage offerings with our reviews of its auto and home insurance.
Did you know that GEICO is one of Sturgis Motorcycle Rally’s top sponsors? It also is the official insurance of Daytona Bike Week, the Hot Bike Tower, Bruce Rossmeyer’s Destination Daytona, and the Lone Star Rally. It knows how tight nit the community of motorcycle drivers can be, and has made an effort to be there with them and for them.