Aloe vera is a popular medicinal plant that has been used for thousands of years, and modern research is now verifying many of its healing properties.
The secret of its magic lies in its high concentration of nutrients and vital substances that include water, vitamins (A, B, C, and E), more than 20 minerals, fatty acids, salicylic acid, and amino acids (1).
When used externally, it is very effective at treating insect bites, acne, sunburns, rashes, scars, blemishes, sores, eczema, psoriasis and other skin infections.
It can also be taken internally to treat blood pressure, internal tissue damage, high blood sugar levels,arthritis, ulcers, constipation, poor appetite, digestive disorders, irritable bowel syndrome, diarrhea, hemorrhoids, and colon disorders.
Aloe and Honey Remedy for Gastritis, Heartburn and Ulcers
Combing aloe vera and honey results in a natural treatment that’s effective against heartburn, gastritis symptoms and ulcers.
- 1½ cups water
- 3 tablespoons aloe vera gel
- 1 tablespoon honey
- Use a spoon to help extract the gel from the aloe vera leaf.
- Put the aloe vera gel, the honey and water in a blender, and mix well.
- Can be divided into two to three doses.
- At the first symptoms of gastritis, drink half a glass of the liquid, up to twice daily.
- As a preventative measure drink half a glass after a full meal.
- Keep in mind that you shouldn’t take more than the recommended amount because the laxative effect can produce undesired results.
If you drink this remedy and adopt a balanced diet, you’ll notice an improvement in a matter of weeks.
Aloe Vera is known to act as an effective laxative when taken internally, resulting in bowel movements which help restore a healthy balance of good bacteria in the colon.
- 2 tablespoons of pure aloe vera gel
- 1 glass of apple juice or cranberry juice
- Mix 2 tablespoons of pure aloe vera gel into a glass of apple juice or cranberry juice.
- Drink this once a day for 5 days, either in the morning or before going to bed (2).
Some evidence in humans and animals suggests that aloe vera is able to alleviate the chronic hyperglycemia and perturbed lipid profile that are common among people with diabetes and are major risk factors for cardiovascular complications (3).
For treating external hemorrhoids, apply a little bit of aloe vera gel to your anus and slowly massage the area. This simple remedy will give relief from the pain and soothe the burning sensation (4).