Baking soda has so many uses that it’s literally impossible to do things without it. We bet you have it in your cupboard.
Well, guess what? Baking soda can help you get rid of powdery mildew on roses, it eliminates garlic smell, and also disinfects surfaces in your home.
Here’s how to use baking soda in your home:
- Baking soda makes tomatoes ‘sweet’
Baking soda sweetens tomatoes, and cuts down their acidity. Sprinkle some baking soda in the soil.
- Baking soda boosts blossoms
Use baking soda to get the most amazing blooms ever. Dissolve it in water, and flower your begonias, geraniums, and hydrangeas.
- Baking soda protects tender roses from powdery mildew
Try this liquid solution on your roses:
Baking soda plant remedy
- 7 tbsp. baking soda
- A dash of insecticidal soap (without no pyrethrums)
- 5 gallons of purified water
This spray may cause burning, because some plants are super-sensitive. Apply the spray once a week.
- Expel slugs
This is a chemical-free solution for your slugs. Use it directly on the slugs.
- Organic pesticide
Use baking soda to battle aphids. Baking soda can turn into a safe pesticide spray, and you’ll be safe from nasty insects.
Baking soda anti-insect spray
- 1 tsp. baking soda
- 1/3 cup cold-pressed cooking oil
Add 2 teaspoons of the mixture to a cup of water, and your spray is ready for use.
- Deodorize smelly compost
Add baking soda to your compost pile to get rid of disgusting smells.
- Clean bird baths and clay pots
Baking soda can serve as a compelling apparatus for water basing. Without all the poisons, of course. After the heating pop treatment, get rid of the rottenness using a moist material, and flush.
The heating pop can also clean your dirt window boxes. Flush well.
- Keep soil fresh
Apply a layer of baking soda on the pot, then add the potting soil.
- Extend the life of your cut flowers
Commercial packages are not your best option. Soak your flowers in baking soda solution.
- Get rid of ants
Sprinkle baking soda to the insect “slope.” It has to be moist. Pour a tiny amount of vinegar, and you’re safe from ants!
The following hacks will help you use baking soda in the kitchen! Check these out:
- Sanitize your cutting boards with baking soda.
- Use it to make your own scouring powder.
Try this scouring powder recipe:
Baking soda homemade scouring powder
- 1 cup baking soda
- 1 cup borax
- 1 cup salt
- Baking soda eliminates smelly scent from your hands
- Apply it on your kitchenware to get rid of mineral deposits
- It freshens crisper bins
- Use it to degrease ‘heavy duty’ grills
- Clean your microwaves using baking soda
The following tip will help you clean microwaves:
Baking soda microwave cleaning solution
- 1 quart warm water
- 4 tbsp. baking soda
- This solution will make your microwave super-clean!