Dark circles under the eyes can be a source of irritation. Well-meaning friends often inquire if everything is okay when in reality, dark circles are the source of your discomfort–nothing else.
Trying to rid yourself of those pesky circles can be a real trial. Below are 10 home remedies that may help reduce the dark circles under your eyes. Give them a try and see how they work.
1. Cucumber slices. Phillip Artemi of the Australasian College of Dermatologists told Reader’s Digest that cool cucumber slices placed on your eyes help constrict the blood vessels and may temporarily reduce dark circles.
2. Eye cream. WebMD suggests trying eye creams with bleach to help lighten stubborn circles. The moisturizers in the cream will help keep the sensitive skin around the eyes nice and supple.
3. Sleep. Often times, dark circles can be a sign that you aren’t getting enough sleep. WebMD recommends getting seven to eight hours of sleep each night as an adult.
4. Avoid caffeine and alcohol. Alcohol and caffeine can cause mild dehydration, so if your circles are extra dark, WebMD says to try avoiding them.
5. Vitamin K. Skin care products with vitamin K are also recommended by WebMD.
6. Concealer. Another trick recommended by WebMD is using a concealer that’s a shade lighter under your eyes.
7. Tea bags. Using cool, wet tea bags on your eyes may also help. WebMD states that tea helps fight inflammation and dark circles, so tea bags may help fight dark circles.
8. Sunglasses. Sun can increase the darkness of the circles, so wearing sunglasses with UV protection may help reduce your dark circles according to WebMD.
9. Eye mask. Reader’s Digest states that the Skin and Cancer Foundation of Australia recommends trying a cool eye mask to help constrict the blood flow around the eyes. It can also encourage resting.
10. Antihistamines. Allergies can be the culprit for dark circles, so trying oral antihistamines or nasal sprays to help reduce dark circles is recommended by the Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Ophthalmologists in Reader’s Digest.
These simple home remedies may be all you need to help eliminate the well-meaning comments of those around you. Healthy, happy eyes will be all that’s seen.
Please SHARE this helpful information with your friends on Facebook!